Welcome to the Guilford County Department of Public Health’s interactive website! Whether you are a first-time visitor or a returning guest, you will find this site full of key resources available to you with just a click of the mouse. The mission of our department states: “In partnership with the community we serve, the Guilford County Department of Public Health protects, promotes, and enhances the health and well-being of all people and the environment in our county.”As a major Public Health institution, we aspire to help people gain perspective on the status and goals of Public Health so that we can guide them to a healthy future. To this end we provide a wide variety of population based and personal health programs and services that allow you to monitor your individual health status and support a healthy environment for everyone. A quick tour of our website will give you a greater understanding of the scope of our services. You can:
- Learn about our current programs and services.
- Find a link to key public health information.
- Search timely health topics.
- Read an overview of the Department’s history.
- Discover more about environmental quality and air pollution control.
- Browse through resources for school-age children.
- Read about the award winning “Adopt-a-Mom” program.
- Update your knowledge of animal control services.
- Learn about our clinical services and how to make an appointment.
- Determine opportunities for volunteer service in our department.
- Locate our sites in Greensboro and High Point
- Scan our services available to senior citizens and the homebound.
We hope that what you discover at this site will entice you to come meet us in person. A visit to the Guilford County Department of Public Health offers you an unparalleled opportunity to experience our commitment to this dynamic community! Your support will help ensure the Department’s strength today and its ability to serve future generations. Now sit back and scroll through our website, you’re gonna love it!
Merle C. Green, MPH, MBA